Cauliflower and Kale with Mustard Currant Dressing
You can use ordinary kale, Lacinato kale, Red Russian kale, Swiss chard, arugula or any other cooking green if dinosaur kale is not available — be sure to adjust cooking time accordingly.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried currants
- 1 quart water
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch dinosaur/lacinato kale, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, lemon zest and lemon Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly. Mix in currants. Set aside.
- Boil water in a medium saucepan fitted with a steamer rack. Steam cauliflower 4 minutes, until just Drain cauliflower and transfer to bowl with the dressing. Remove steamer rack from saucepan. Place kale in the boiling water and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain kale and transfer to bowl.
- Toss cauliflower and kale with the dressing to coat. Season with salt and