15 Minute Salmon with Tomato Salsa
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1½ lbs salmon filet cut into 4 pieces, skin and bones removed
- 1 large fresh ripe tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, diced small pieces, about ¼ inch
- 3 TBS finely minced onion
- 3 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1-2 TBS minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 TBS minced fresh ginger
- 1 TBS coarsely chopped pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2+1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS coconut oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Rub salmon with 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Grease broiler-safe pan with coconut oil and place salmon on pan. Place in broiler and cook until salmon is just done (salmon is best when it is still pink inside).
- Combine all salsa ingredients.
- Spoon over salmon.
- Garnish with mint and a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil. (Optional)